Balms Abogados advises both financial entities and borrowers on the financial operations of the market. Their team is made up of lawyers specialised in financial and banking law who, as well as offering the client a profound knowledge of the sector, support legal certainty, among other values.
It also provides advice on bank recruitment, with personnel specialised in extrajudicial claims against malpractice in the marketing of traditional banking products and toxic products such as structured deposits, securities or bonds which are convertible into shares, priorities, subordinates, derived products, unfair terms in mortgage loans, etc.
The main areas of practice within the department are:
- The issuing of all kinds of securities representing business capital (voting or non-voting shares, redeemable, with or without preferential subscription rights)
- Acquisition of non-performing loans
- Syndicated loans
- Structured and leveraged financing
- Project financing
- Asset finance
- Financing of acquisitions and derivatives
- Structured financing and entitlement
- Mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions
- Prevention of money laundering
- Structured deposits
- Convertible securities or bonds